Friday, January 7, 2011

The Whistleblower

Wednesday afternoon, Kathy Bolkovac stopped by HQ, in town visiting family.  It was great to see her, and she hasn’t changed a bit since she left LPD for her foreign adventure in 1999. 

We had a nice chat catching up on the past eleven years, and she gave me a copy of her newly-published book, The Whistleblower.  She offered to inscribe my copy, but I’d rather get in line Saturday.  Kathy is going to be doing a book signing on Saturday at Barnes & Noble at Southpointe Pavillions from 2:00 to 4:00 PM. 

I polished it off last night, and it was a good read.  The story is classic Kathy: she is one dogged and determined cop, to be sure.  I still wish she was in the Lincoln police uniform.  I’m looking forward to seeing the movie, which is being released in the United States later this year.

If you stop in for the book signing, ask her about her suggested techniques for trying to get a set of keys locked inside a car out through the sunroof.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chief,
The keys through the sun roof might make a great PSA.
Gun Nut

Steve said...

Or a "Criminal How To".